read of the week: baby massage

 
I've read in quite a few books now that giving your baby a massage works wonders.  So I finally checked out a book at our local library.  Baby Massage:  The Calming Power of Touch is a quick read with a lot of useful pictures and step by step illustrations.  It teaches you what strokes and touch points to use.  It goes into good detail about techniques that will help colic and gas.  It also talks about different techniques to use on a newborn compared to a toddler.  I may check this out again when baby arrives just so I don't forget anything.  I like the entire "routine" they use after bath.  I can see this being a special bonding time before bed. 

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

sixteen sunbuckles: read of the week: baby massage

Friday, June 1, 2012

read of the week: baby massage

 
I've read in quite a few books now that giving your baby a massage works wonders.  So I finally checked out a book at our local library.  Baby Massage:  The Calming Power of Touch is a quick read with a lot of useful pictures and step by step illustrations.  It teaches you what strokes and touch points to use.  It goes into good detail about techniques that will help colic and gas.  It also talks about different techniques to use on a newborn compared to a toddler.  I may check this out again when baby arrives just so I don't forget anything.  I like the entire "routine" they use after bath.  I can see this being a special bonding time before bed. 

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home