read of the week: from the hips

Well, finally I finished this massive book.  Ok, its not massive but it feels like it.  There is so much information!  According to the reviews this and What to Expect When You are Expecting are the all time winners for pregnancy information books.  They are basically both textbooks for how to be pregnant and beyond.  Well, I can go ahead and tell you after reading both of them (yes i'm an overachiever) From the Hips is by far better than What to Expect.  Why?  It has a lot of great information geared to the momma.  There are real life opinions from other moms.  It focuses on all the frustrations, worries, anxieties the mom feels through pregnancy and postnatal.  It also has pros and cons and all the information for everything you need to learn. Breastfeeding vs bottles,cloth vs disposable, types of child rearing techniques, etc.  And for a girl that really has no idea what she is getting into this was a great read.  I would recommend it to all my preggo friends.



Thank you again to my mother-n-law, Melissa for giving this book to me at Christmas!

Labels: , ,

sixteen sunbuckles: read of the week: from the hips

Thursday, February 16, 2012

read of the week: from the hips

Well, finally I finished this massive book.  Ok, its not massive but it feels like it.  There is so much information!  According to the reviews this and What to Expect When You are Expecting are the all time winners for pregnancy information books.  They are basically both textbooks for how to be pregnant and beyond.  Well, I can go ahead and tell you after reading both of them (yes i'm an overachiever) From the Hips is by far better than What to Expect.  Why?  It has a lot of great information geared to the momma.  There are real life opinions from other moms.  It focuses on all the frustrations, worries, anxieties the mom feels through pregnancy and postnatal.  It also has pros and cons and all the information for everything you need to learn. Breastfeeding vs bottles,cloth vs disposable, types of child rearing techniques, etc.  And for a girl that really has no idea what she is getting into this was a great read.  I would recommend it to all my preggo friends.



Thank you again to my mother-n-law, Melissa for giving this book to me at Christmas!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home