read of the week: on becoming baby wise

Here we are at the end of the second trimester.  I feel like all I've been doing lately is reading and baking.  I apologize my life (and this blog) have become a bit dull.  This week I'm planning a big DIY project for our living room.  Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well.

For baby reading, I was recommended the baby wise series.  The first book in the series,  On Becoming Baby Wise:  Giving your Infant the Gift of Nightime sleep.  This was similar to From the Hips in reading material.. set up textbook style with a lot of information.  I even found myself taking some notes.  Its all about getting your baby on a schedule for feedings.  Every 2 1/2-3 hours feeding your baby.  If the baby is off schedule one day then restart the schedule according to when you feed next.   It also suggests how long baby should sleep, how many naps, etc.  I think the information was really useful however we won't know for about 15 more weeks!  I plan on reading the second book in the series here in a few weeks.


Labels: ,

sixteen sunbuckles: read of the week: on becoming baby wise

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

read of the week: on becoming baby wise

Here we are at the end of the second trimester.  I feel like all I've been doing lately is reading and baking.  I apologize my life (and this blog) have become a bit dull.  This week I'm planning a big DIY project for our living room.  Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well.

For baby reading, I was recommended the baby wise series.  The first book in the series,  On Becoming Baby Wise:  Giving your Infant the Gift of Nightime sleep.  This was similar to From the Hips in reading material.. set up textbook style with a lot of information.  I even found myself taking some notes.  Its all about getting your baby on a schedule for feedings.  Every 2 1/2-3 hours feeding your baby.  If the baby is off schedule one day then restart the schedule according to when you feed next.   It also suggests how long baby should sleep, how many naps, etc.  I think the information was really useful however we won't know for about 15 more weeks!  I plan on reading the second book in the series here in a few weeks.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home